Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lately






So lots have happened in the time since the last post of mine, I had to have an operation thats led me to be out of action for over a week so I have been mainly recovery but of course when you are a model your life can feel like a rollercoaster, you constantly find out good news and then of course bad, (recovery or no recovery) but that's what makes this job and industry so exciting you can never predict anything.




So as I have been castrated on the lounge I have had time at least too watch Fashion week across the globe. It hasn't been entirely exciting but there are some great pieces designers have done, one fashion trend that I think will be strong this winter is wearing wool socks with high heels which for some reason I love love love and also wearing high woolly socks. Its always hard considering Australia is following a different climate, but thats what sets Australia apart. My next post (which I'm still editing) will have what I thought was amazing at all the different fashion shows from Pucci, to Versace etc.



In terms of my life, well work starts back up for me next week, I have a few shoots and then I fly down for Melbourne fashion week so should be great and hopefully I have my energy back.




I did have some exciting things come out while I've been recovery at least, one being my latest little spread in Madison - It was a great shoot and I finally felt I got treated on scale of makeup and hair as a straight size model, problem with Plus size modelling is most of the time you do catalogues and not editorial so having the chance at proper editorial as a plus size model was exhilarating and I cannot wait to do more .





Madison shoot also featured in Madison Plus a website devoted to Plus size fashion and models :D

http://madisonplus.com/mp-insider/mp-exclusive-plus-model-robyn-in-australias-madison-mag/
speak soon
bellas & bellos
xx

2 comments:

  1. hi robyn, my names ruth.
    when i started year 7 you were in, i think year 11 at macarthur girls.
    i just wanted to know how you started out in the industry?
    because i have a modeling tryout for TAWFA, i was wondering if you could give me some tips?
    i would very much love it.
    heres my email
    ruthie.maree@live.com

    thanks robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ruthie I posted on my blog how to be a model heres the link chickadee :)

    http://reviewmerobyn.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-to-be-model-this-is-probably-most.html

    if you need any more info let me know :)

    ReplyDelete

My playlist

center>


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com