Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Loss

Last week I lost my cat, this week I lost a dear old friend (who wasn't old at all).
 I feel regret, regret that I didn't see my friend in the hospital, regret that I thought he would be fine when he wasn't and regret that I am not signed up for organ donation.

   Alex was my dear old friend; I knew him for over 10 years, we both did scouts together, he was in another group but we used to go on hikes and camp a lot; I thought he was the funniest guy around he would always trip and purposely fall over (stooges style) just to make you laugh, I even had a little crush on him.  I then became a 1st/2nd Merrylands Venturer where Alex was also, we became even more good friends. Going on long camps, hikes  and seeing them each week lets you get to know someone pretty well; there is actually not a bad thing I can say about Alex, and I'm speaking so very truly and anyone that knows Alex would agree, he was just such a nice guy; and in fact the last image I have of Alex in my head, is that of him laughing at one of my lame jokes at Rovers.
     Life is full of hard lessons, from this tragedy comes a lesson I wish I knew already, if I was to die suddenly I'd want to be remembered how Alex was.. a person who cared more for others, a person who was never cruel to anybody, a person who would want to see you laugh more than anything, a person you would want to be.

   This is for you mate, you will be young in our hearts forever; our Panda bear




so unfair.....

Alexander 29/01/1988 - 27/02/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

My playlist

center>


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com